With our traditional schools closed for the remainder of the school year, the McPherson News-Ledger has heard there are some Junior Reporters with availability. Here at the News-Ledger, we value education and value people of all ages sharing the news.
We are asking any youngster (K-12) to join us each week in a new writing assignment. We will provide a topic and a few “article suggestions,” but we really want each writer to use their creativity. We will post the assignment every Wednesday morning and ask that assignments be submitted by 8 p.m. on Sunday to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each week, we will pick one or two articles and pictures to run in the paper, but every week, we will share all submissions on our website.
Week One assignment will be due on March 22 at 8 p.m. The topic for week one is Someone you live with. Feel free to share photos with your article.
- Interview someone you live with
- What are their interests?
- What is something they are really good at?
- Have them tell you about a time they struggled with something and how they overcame it?
- What are your favorite things about them?
- Who are the people they love the most and why?