With our traditional schools closed for the remainder of the school year, the McPherson News-Ledger has heard there are some Junior Reporters with availability. Here at the News-Ledger, we value education and value people of all ages sharing the news.
We are asking any youngster (K-12) to join us each week in a new writing assignment. We will provide a topic and a few “article suggestions,” but we really want each writer to use their creativity. We will post the assignment every Wednesday morning and ask that assignments be submitted by 8 p.m. on Sunday to email@example.com. Each week, we will pick one or two articles and pictures to run in the paper, but every week, we will share all submissions on our website.
Week Two assignment will be due on March 29 at 8 p.m. The topic for week two is all things nature. Feel free to share photos with your article. The bullet points are simply suggestions to get your creativity flowing. Don’t feel pressured to address each prompt in your response.
- Where is your favorite place in McPherson County to experience nature?
- How do you feel when you are outside in nature?
- If you were planning a nature scavenger hunt what would you look for?
- Could you survive in the great outdoors, how and why?
- Research and tell us about one piece of nature, a type of tree, a specific nature trail, etc.?
- What things do you do to help protect nature and why is it important to you?