The McPherson County All Schools Day committee met March 14 for its monthly meeting in preparation for activities scheduled May 6-12, 2018.
Highlights for this year are the theme “Fun in the Sun” and the return of the sand sculpture that will be built on Kansas Ave. across from the Post Office.
The following information was requested to be sent out to the public:
• There will be a float building informational meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday, March 26, 2018 at the McPherson Museum, 1111 E Kansas.
• Anyone with space where a float can be built indoors that would be willing to donate the use of it should contact the McPherson Convention and Visitors Bureau at (620) 241-3340.
• Groups wanting to perform at May Fete on May 9 or 10 – registration is available now on the May Fete page of the All Schools Day website, allschoolsday.com
• Madathon information and registration forms will be available soon on the All Schools Day website, allschoolsday.com
• Due to the large amount of dignitaries expected at this year’s parade, the committee is looking for convertible cars to use during the All Schools Day parade on May 11. Contact Temoer Terry at (757) 597-4322.
• The committee is looking for sponsorships and donations for this year’s event. Contact Angie Timson at (620) 755-2435 or email@example.com.
The committee would like to thank the community for its support of the annual celebration. We look forward to another great celebration of youth and education in 2018.